- Manual Therapy
- Cesar Therapy
- Edema Therapy
- Oncology Therapy
Treatments at home
Symptoms and treatment
What is edema
Edema is an excess of fluid in the tissue as a result of an imbalance between the supply and drainage of fluid. The symptoms can occur after surgery if sufficient moisture is not naturally removed.
Edema Therapy is recommended if you experience the following symptoms:
- Heavy or tired feeling;
- Tightness and tense feeling;
- Movement limitation;
- Restrictions in your daily functioning.
Treatment is often necessary in order to prevent a further increase in edema.
Depending on your personal situation, the therapist with come up with a tailored treatment plan. Edema Therapy can consist of several components:
- Providing information and advice;
- Manual lymphatic drainage, a soft form of massage aimed at the promotion of the discharge of the edema;
- Exercise therapy;
- Respiratory therapy;
- Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT) in the form of bandaging and advice on proper fitting of medical compression sleeves, or gloves/gauntlets;
- Fascia Therapy;
- Lymph Taping.
The treatments take place in a quiet and pleasant surrounding.
Effects after treatment
- Reducing edema, thereby giving a feeling of less tightness and heaviness;
- Understanding the complaint and learning what you can do to promote swift recovery;
- Reduction or elimination of movement restrictions;
- More energy.