Toggle Manual Therapy
Toggle Cesar Therapy
Toggle Edema Therapy
Toggle Oncology Therapy
Treatments at home
Toggle Treatments at home
Toggle Healthy Lifestyle
Benign Paroxysmal Position Vertigo (BPPV)
Are you dizzy when you sit up from a lying position or when you look up suddenly? It may be that you suffer from BPPV, or Benign Paroxysmal Position Vertigo. This is a benign form of dizziness that is triggered by changes in the position of your head.
What is the cause of this dizziness
The cause of the symptoms is the balance organ in the inner ear, where tiny calcium stones (otoliths) in your ear canal have shifted their positions to where they are not supposed to be. This makes them pass the brains misinformation, resulting in making you feel dizzy.
With specific techniques, the physical therapist can endeavour to move these otoliths to a place where they no longer cause problems. This makes the symptoms disappear. For some 80% of people suffering from BPPV, this treatment has an immediate and positive effect. In the remaining 20%, the treatment is repeated and, if necessary, a specific exercise program is taught which will eventually reduce the symptoms or make them disappear altogether.
The cost for this treatment (Physiotherapy) will generally be reimbursed from your supplementary insurance. We have contracts with all health insurers.
If you are not additionally insured, you have to pay separately for this. An invoice will be sent to you at the end of the month by your therapist. More information about the rates can be found in our price list.